All of our open path, optical emission monitors rely on the local plant structure to determine both the length and the angular alignment of their light path. Due to the variations found between installations, our monitors are required to work with a wide range of signal strengths, this is why it is impossible for us to supply monitors pre-calibrated for a specific installation. It is therefore essential that the setup, calibration and commissioning process is performed independently for each installed instrument.
The list below is an overview of the steps required and their order to successfully commission a Dynoptic single pass Opacity monitor.
- Perform head alignment – this optimizes the mounting angle of the RX and TX heads to achieve the largest possible measured signal.
- Perform an Automatic Gain Correction – This adjusts the gain applied to the measurement signal to achieve an amplified signal that is within the required voltage range.
- Perform a Zero Adjust – adjust the zero to 0.0% Opacity under clear path conditions (IE the process must not be running). This adjusts the instruments span setting to define 0.0% opacity.
- Configure the outputs – Once the instrument is calibrated the current output and level alarm can be configured as required for integration with the wider plant systems.
Dynoptic monitors have a range of design features and optional accessories to help with this process, including
- A laser alignment tool to simplify physical head alignment
- Easy to use utility software with signal strength indicators (included with all monitors as standard).
- Compression gaskets, in conjunction with mounting nuts, to fine tune alignment
- Calibration heads and opacity filters.
Our monitors are supplied with comprehensive installation and operator manuals which provide a high level of detail along with clear illustrations. All our customers are welcome to contact us directly, video conference training sessions can be arranged when remote support is required.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our range of Opacity, Dust and Particulate monitors please contact us directly. +44(0)1280 850521, email@example.com